Terms of Service
Welcome, and thank you for your interest in www.theeventwork.com, owned and operated by The EventWork LLC., a California Limited Liability Company (“TheEventWork,” “us”, "our" or “we”), and our services made available to you, an Event Organizer or a Freelancer, (the "user" or you") through our website (the "Website" or the “Site”) and any online applications or mobile application and tools we make available to you (the “App”). The Website and the App together constitute our service (the "Service" or "Services"). Unless otherwise specified, all references to the Services include the services available through the TheEventWork Website and/or any mobile App, as well as any software that TheEventWork provides to you that allows you to access the Services. The following Terms of Service are a legally binding contract between you and TheEventWork regarding your use of the Service.
Please read the following Terms of Service ("Terms") carefully before accessing or using any of the Services. Each time you access or use the Service, you, and if you are acting on behalf of a third party or your employer, such third party or employer, agree to be bound by these Terms whether or not you register with us. If you do not agree to be bound by all of these Terms, you may not access or use the Service. TheEventWork may change this Agreement at any time by posting an updated Terms of Service on this site. If any amendment to these Terms is unacceptable to you, you shall cease using this Site or the App. If you continue using the Site or the App, you will be conclusively deemed to have accepted the changes.
In addition, certain areas of the Service may be subject to additional Terms of Service that we make available for your review. By using such areas, or any part thereof, you are expressly indicating that you have read and agree to be bound by the additional Terms of Service applicable to such areas. In the event that any of the additional Terms of Service governing such area conflict with these Terms, the additional terms will control.
You acknowledge that TheEventWork is not a party to any job, engagement, agreement, arrangement or transaction between users of our platform for the hiring or performance of work. No executive, partnership, joint venture, or employment is created as a result of these Terms of Service or any user's use of any part of the platform.
TheEventWork does not endorse users of our Services and has no control of the job or work. It is within the sole discretion of the users of our Services to engage one another through our Services. You should always exercise responsibility, due diligence and care when deciding whether to have any interaction with any other user.
You agree that the use of our Services is at your sole risk and by using the platform, you understand and agree that any legal remedy or liability that you seek to obtain for actions or omissions of other users or other third parties will be limited to a claim against those particular users or other third parties. You agree not to attempt to impose liability on or seek any legal remedy from TheEventWork with respect to such actions or omissions.
Furthermore, you hereby agree that TheEventWork shall have no liability for any damages or injuries resulting from your use of our platform or any engagement and interaction with another user through the use of our Services.
PLEASE READ THE BINDING ARBITRATION CLAUSE AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER PROVISIONS IN THE DISPUTE RESOLUTION SECTION OF THESE TERMS. IT AFFECTS HOW DISPUTES ARE RESOLVED.
- Description of Service
- TheEventWork is a marketplace venue where organizers of private and public events can search for and connect with Freelancers who have created a personal profile and built a unique portfolio of their work, which is viewable by the organizers and the public, for the purpose of getting recognized by potential employers and hired for their demonstrated talent.
- The Service includes (i) TheEventWork systems, procedures, processes and technologies, and (ii) any hardware, software, applications, data, reports, and other content made available by or on behalf of TheEventWork.
- The Service does not include any software application or service that is provided by you or a third party, which you use in connection with the Service.
- Any modifications and new features added to the Service are also subject to this Agreement.
- TheEventWork reserves the right to modify or discontinue the Service or any feature or functionality thereof at any time without notice to you. All rights, title and interest in and to the Service and its components (including all intellectual property rights) will remain with and belong exclusively to TheEventWork.
- Eligibility for Our Service
By using our Services, you represent that you are at least 18 years old. Persons who are at least 13 years of age but under the age of 18 may only use our Services with legal parental or guardian consent. Accordingly, by using our Services, you agree that you are at least 18 years of age or older or possess legal parental or guardian consent, and are fully able and competent to enter into the terms, conditions, representations and warranties set forth in the Terms.
- Your Access and Use of our Services
- The rights granted to you in these Terms are subject to the following restrictions: (i) you shall not license, sell, rent, lease, transfer, assign, distribute, host, or otherwise commercially exploit the Services; (ii) you shall not modify, make derivative works of, disassemble, reverse compile or reverse engineer any part of the Services; (iii) you shall not access the Services in order to build a similar or competitive Service; and (iv) except as expressly stated herein, no part of the Services may be copied, reproduced, distributed, republished, downloaded, displayed, posted or transmitted in any form or by any means. Any future release, update, or other addition to functionality of the Services shall be subject to these Terms.
- Furthermore, you agree that you will not use any robot, spider, scraper, deep link or other similar automated data gathering or extraction tools, program, algorithm or methodology to access, acquire, copy or monitor our Services or any portion of our Services or for any other purpose, without our prior written permission. Additionally, you agree that you will not: (i) take any action that imposes, or may impose in our sole discretion an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure; (ii) copy, reproduce, modify, create derivative works from, distribute or publicly display any content (except for your personal information) from our Services without our prior written permission and the appropriate third party, as applicable; (iii) interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of our Services or any activities conducted on our Services; (iv) bypass any robot exclusion headers or other measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to our Services, or (v) interfere or disrupt the Service or servers or networks connected to the Service, including by transmitting any worms, viruses, spyware, malware or any other code of a destructive or disruptive nature.
- Except as expressly permitted in this Agreement, you shall not collect or harvest any personally identifiable information, including account names, from our Services.
- Our Services have "publicly accessible areas" that allow users to post User Content (defined hereafter) that will be accessible by the public or the user population generally. As a user of the Services, you acknowledge and affirmatively agree that in the course of using the Services you may be exposed to User Content that might be offensive, harmful, inaccurate or otherwise inappropriate. You further agree that TheEventWork shall not, under any circumstances, be liable in any way for any User Content.
- You understand that TheEventWork may issue upgrade versions of any mobile App and you consent to receiving automatic upgrades on your mobile device. You also acknowledge and agree that standard carrier data charges may apply to your use of the Service including, without limitation, text messages.
- You shall not use any communication systems provided on our Services including, without limitation email and chat services for any commercial or solicitation purposes or to circumvent our Services.
- You shall not solicit for commercial purposes any users of our Services, that is not intended by the purpose of our Services, without our prior written permission.
- You understand and agree that you are solely responsible for compliance with any and all laws, rules, regulations, and Tax obligations that may apply to your use of the Services.
- Accounts and Registration
- To access some features of the Service you may be required to register for an account. When you register for an account, you may be required to provide us with some information about yourself (such as your name, company name, date of birth, e-mail address, physical address, phone number or other personal information). Some of this information may be of a confidential nature and may include personal identifying information (all "Your Information").
- If you provide Your Information to us then you agree to provide true, current, complete and accurate information, and not to misrepresent your identity. You also agree to keep Your Information current and to update Your Information if any of Your Information changes.
- Account Management
- Keep Your Password Secure. If you have been issued an account by TheEventWork in connection with your use of the Services, you are responsible for safeguarding your password and any other credentials used to access that account. You, and not TheEventWork, are responsible for any activity occurring in your account, whether or not you authorized that activity. If you become aware of any unauthorized access to your account, you should notify TheEventWork immediately.
- Keep Your Details Accurate. TheEventWork may send notices to the email address or text messages to your mobile phone registered with your account. You must keep your email address, mobile phone number and, where applicable, your contact details and payment details associated with your account current and accurate.
- We reserve the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Service, any user account or your access to the Service for any reason, without notice, at any time, and without liability to you.
- You can cancel your account at anytime, however you will not receive a refund for any period of time you did not use in your Subscription Plan (see Section 8 "Suspension and Termination of Services"). Upon termination or cancellation, all licenses and other rights granted to you in these Terms will immediately cease.
- We reserve the right to refuse to issue an account to anyone or permit access to the Service to anyone for any reason at any time.
- Subscription Plans
The features and prices of the following Subscription Plans may be found on our Website pricing pages here (FAQ).
- Freelancer Subscription. The Freelancer Subscription is free to users establishing their profile, creating a portfolio and seeking work.
- Freelancer Plus Subscription. The Freelancer Plus Subscription will be available soon as a free Subscription Plan and will provide the same features of the Freelancer Subscription plus premium features, including, being first in search results, being able to claim user verification (indicating that the users credentials have been confirmed by TheEventWork), the ability to display testimonials and "star" rating reviews by other users. TheEventWork reserves the right to convert the Freelancer Plus Subscription to a paid Subscription Plan at anytime.
- Event Organizer Project Subscription. The Event Organizer Project Subscription is available on a month to month basis to Event Organizers.
- Event Organizer Annual Subscription. The Event Organizer Annual Subscription is a one (1) year automatically renewable subscription available to Event Organizers.
- Subscription Period
- The Event Organizer Project Subscription. The Event Organizer Project Subscription is a project based fee plan with a thirty (30) day term. After the 30 day term expires, your access to our Services is restricted unless you decide to extend it. You will be billed at the beginning of each 30 day project term for the initial term and any renewal term.
- The Event Organizer Annual Subscription. The subscription period for the Event Organizer Annual Subscription will be one year and will automatically renew each year on the anniversary of your annual subscription plan unless you cancel your annual subscription plan in accordance with these Terms at least ten (10) days prior to your renewal date. You will be billed annually for the annual subscription plan on or about the same day each year until such time that you cancel your annual subscription plan. For the avoidance of doubt, please note, you will not be permitted to cancel or downgrade the TheEventWork Service you have selected until the anniversary of your annual subscription plan. There will be no refunds for annual subscription plan payments. Please be certain you are committing to a one (1) year period if you select the annual subscription plan. If you are not certain, we recommend choosing the monthly subscription plan.
- If you select the monthly subscription plan, you can switch to the annual subscription plan at any time. If you select the annual subscription plan, you may not change to the monthly subscription plan until the end of the one-year term of your annual subscription plan.
- Suspension and Termination of Services
- By You. If you terminate a Subscription Plan (monthly or annual) in the middle of a billing cycle, you will not receive a refund for any period of time you did not use in that billing cycle unless you are terminating these Terms for any of the following reasons: (a) we have materially breached these Terms and failed to cure that breach within 30 days after you have so notified us in writing; or (b) a refund is required by law.
- By Us. TheEventWork may terminate your monthly subscription plan at the end of a billing cycle. TheEventWork may terminate your annual subscription plan for any reason by providing at least 10 days written notice to you and will provide a pro rata refund for any period of time you did not use in that billing cycle. TheEventWork may suspend performance or terminate your Subscription for any of the following reasons: (a) you have materially breached these Terms and failed to cure that breach within 30 days after TheEventWork has so notified you in writing; (b) you cease your business operations or become subject to insolvency proceedings and the proceedings are not dismissed within 90 days; or (c) you fail to pay fees for 30 days past the due date. Additionally, TheEventWork may limit or suspend the Services to you if you fail to comply with these Terms, or if you use the Services in a way that causes legal liability to us or disrupts others use of the Services. TheEventWork may also suspend providing the Services to you if we are investigating suspected misconduct by you. TheEventWork will use commercially reasonable efforts to narrow the scope and duration of any limitation or suspension under this Section as is needed to resolve the issue that prompted such action. TheEventWork has no obligation to retain your User Content upon termination of the applicable Service.
- No Circumvention
Users are prohibited from circumventing TheEventWork for the purpose of engaging one another for work or an assignment. Users may not contact another user in any manner whatsoever with the intent and purpose of avoiding TheEventWork Services. Any violation of this non-circumvent term will result in the immediate termination of one or both users account(s).
- Privacy and Your Personal Information
- Information Accuracy
- We make no representation as to the completeness, accuracy, or currency of any information on the Service or other content available on this Site or App.
- We attempt to ensure that information on this Service is complete, accurate and current, however, despite our best efforts, the information on our Service may occasionally be inaccurate, incomplete or out of date and TheEventWork disclaims any responsibility or liability for such information. By using the Services, you agree to accept such risks.
- Proprietary Rights
- As between TheEventWork and you, TheEventWork or its licensors own and reserve all right, title and interest in and to the Service and all hardware, software and other items used to provide the Service, other than the rights explicitly granted to you to use the Service in accordance with this Terms. No title to or ownership of any proprietary rights related to the Service is transferred to you pursuant to these Terms. All rights not explicitly granted to you are reserved by TheEventWork.
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Our names, graphics, videos, logos, page headers, button icons, scripts, and service names are our trademarks or trade dress in the United States and/or other countries (collectively, the "Proprietary Marks"), are owned by TheEventWork. You may not use the Proprietary Marks without our prior written permission.
- We make no proprietary claim to any third-party names, trademarks or service marks appearing on our Services. Any third-party names, trademarks, and service marks are property of their respective owners.
- The information, descriptions, advice, data, software and content viewable on, contained in, or downloadable from our Services (collectively, "Our Content"), including, without limitation, all text, graphics, pictures, photographs, images, videos, line art, icons and renditions, are copyrighted by, or otherwise licensed to us or Our Content suppliers.
- We also own a copyright of a collective work in the selection, coordination, arrangement, presentation, display and enhancement of Our Content (the "Collective Work").
- All software used on, or within our Services is our property or the property of our software vendors and is protected by United States and international copyright laws. Viewing, reading, printing, downloading or otherwise using Our Content and/or the Collective Work does not entitle you to any ownership or intellectual property rights to Our Content, the Collective Work, or the Software.
- You are solely responsible for any damages resulting from your infringement of our, or any third-parties, intellectual property rights regarding the Trademarks, Our Content, the Collective Work, the Software and/or any other harm incurred by us or our affiliates as a, direct or indirect, result of your copying, distributing, redistributing, transmitting, publishing or using the same for purposes that are contrary to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- Use of Our Content
- We grant you a limited license to access, print, download or otherwise make personal use of Our Content and the Collective Work for your noncommercial personal use provided, however, that you shall not delete any proprietary notices or materials with regard to the foregoing.
- You may not modify Our Content or the Collective Work or utilize them for any commercial purpose or any other public display, performance, sale, or rental, decompile, reverse engineer, or disassemble Our Content and the Collective Work, or transfer Our Content or the Collective Work to another person or entity.
- User Content Rights and Related Responsibilities; License
- "User Content" means, without limitation, any images, photos, artwork, designs, graphics, videos, audio, comments, feedback, suggestions, reviews, messages, texts, digital files, and documents, or other content of any nature you upload, transmit or otherwise make available to TheEventWork and its users via the Services.
- You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control the rights to your User Content and agree to indemnify TheEventWork and its affiliates for all claims arising from or in connection with any claims to any rights in your User Content or any damages arising from your User Content.
- By submitting User Content on or through the Service, you grant TheEventWork a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free license (with the right to sublicense) to use, copy, reproduce, process, adapt, modify, publish, transmit, display and distribute such User Content without attribution, and without the requirement of any permission from or payment to you or to any other person or entity, in any manner including, without limitation, for commercial, publicity, trade, promotional, or advertising purposes, and in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, and to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such User Content.
- In order for us to provide the Service to you, we require that you grant us certain rights with respect to User Content, including the ability to transmit, manipulate, process, store and copy User Content in order to provide our Services. Your acceptance of this Agreement gives us the permission to do so and grants us any such rights necessary to provide the Service to you.
- You agree that any User Content you submit to our Service may be viewed by other users, any person visiting or participating in the Service and by the public in general.
- TheEventWork expressly disclaims any liability for the loss or damage to any User Content or any losses or damages you incur as a result of the loss or damage of any User Content. It is your responsibility to back-up any User Content to prevent it's loss.
- You are solely responsible for User Content, including, without limitation, reviews, comments and feedback, and any damages suffered by TheEventWork resulting therefrom.
- TheEventWork may remove or return any User Content at any time for any reason whatsoever, or for no reason at all. We are not responsible for the authenticity, accuracy, completeness, appropriateness, or legality of User Content.
- You represent and warrant that all information that you submit is authentic, accurate and truthful and that you will promptly update any information provided by you that subsequently becomes inaccurate, misleading or false.
- User Content is not considered to be confidential. You agree not to submit User Content in which you have any expectation of privacy.
- TheEventWork has no control over User Content once posted, and it is possible that visitors to the App or Site may copy User Content and repost it elsewhere.
- You agree not to post as part of the Service any offensive, inaccurate, incomplete, abusive, obscene, profane, threatening, intimidating, harassing, racially offensive, or illegal material. The following includes, without limitation, examples of the things you may not do:
- Impersonate any person or entity.
- Stalk, harass, defame, abuse, bully, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights of others.
- Advocate for or harass or intimidate another person.
- Promote information that is false or misleading.
- Promote illegal activities or conduct that is defamatory, libelous or otherwise objectionable.
- Promote violence, racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual.
- Transmit anything that exploits children or minors or that depicts cruelty to animals.
- Solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 18.
- Use the service in an illegal manner or to commit an illegal act.
- Transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware.
- Transmit any content that contains video, audio, or images of another person without his or her permission or that of their legal guardian.
- Promote material that exploits people in a sexual, pornographic or violent manner.
- Provide instructional information about illegal activities.
- Infringe upon someone else's trademark, copyright or other intellectual property or other rights.
- Promote commercial activities including without limitation sales, contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, and business offers.
- User Comments
TheEventWork does not investigate any posted user reviews, comments, suggestions or feedback for accuracy or truth. Users may be held legally responsible for damages suffered by other users or third parties as a result of their comments if they are legally actionable or defamatory. You agree that TheEventWork is not legally responsible for any comments posted or made available on our Services by any users or third parties, even if that information is defamatory or otherwise legally actionable. TheEventWork reserves the right to remove user comments or information that, in our sole judgment, violates this Agreement or negatively affects our Services.
- If you receive software from us, its use is governed in one of two ways: If you're presented with license terms that you must accept in order to use the software, those terms apply; if no license is presented to you, these Terms apply. We reserve all other rights to the software.
- Any license is for the sole purpose of enabling you to use and enjoy the benefit of the Services as provided by TheEventWork, in the manner permitted by these terms. You may not copy, modify, distribute, sell, or lease any part of our Services or included software, nor may you reverse engineer or attempt to extract the source code of that software.
- We may automatically check your version of the software. We may also automatically download to your device or computer new versions of the software.
- Any software is licensed, not sold. Unless we notify you otherwise, the software license ends when your Service ends. You must then promptly uninstall the software, or we may disable it. You must not work around any technical limitations in the software.
- The software is subject to applicable U.S. export laws and regulations. You must comply with all domestic and international export laws and regulations that apply to the software. These laws include restrictions on destinations, end users, and end use. Without limitation, you may not transfer the software or Service without U.S. government permission to anyone on U.S. government exclusion lists. You represent and warrant that you're not on any of those lists or under the control of, or an agent for, anyone on those lists.
- Interruption of Service
- Your access and use of our Services may be interrupted from time to time for any of several reasons, including, without limitation, the malfunction of equipment, periodic updating, maintenance or repair of our Services or other actions that we, in our sole discretion, may elect to take.
- You agree that we will not be liable to you or to any third party for any interruption of the Services or any part thereof.
- Third Party Links, Services and Content
- You acknowledge that we are not responsible for such third party content or services and that we are not an agent of any third party, nor are we a direct party in any such transaction with a third party. Any such activities, and any terms associated with such activities, are solely between you and the applicable third party. Should you have any problems resulting from your use of any third party services, or should you suffer data loss or other losses as a result of problems with any of your other service providers or any third-party services, we will not be responsible unless the problem was the direct result of our actions.
- Electronic Communications
- Although we may choose to communicate with you by regular mail, we may also choose to communicate with you by electronic means including, without limitation, email, telephone, text, SMS or by posting notices on our Services. When you use our Services, you consent to communicating with us electronically.
- You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
- Electronic Transactions
- Your use of the Services includes the ability to enter into agreements, including these Terms, and to make transactions electronically, including financial transactions, payments and purchases. You acknowledge that your electronic submissions constitute your agreement and intent to be bound by such agreements, financial transactions, payments and purchases.
- Your agreement and intent to be bound by electronic submissions applies to all records relating to all transactions you enter into on this site, including purchases, financial transactions, notices of cancellation, policies, contracts, and applications.
- In order to access and retain your electronic records, you may be required to have certain hardware and software, which are your sole responsibility.
You acknowledge that TheEventWork reserves the right to charge subscription fees and service fees for any portion of our Services. Payments will be processed by a secure third party payment processing gateway. TheEventWork will not store any record of your personal financial information related to purchases or other transactions you make through the TheEventWork Services. You should therefore maintain records of all your transactions. If you have any questions regarding your transactions or believe that there is an error or unauthorized transaction or activity associated with transactions utilizing your personal financial information, you must contact the third party payment processing gateway.
- Third Party Social Networking
- Mobile Application from a Third Party App Store
The following applies to any App Store Sourced Application accessed through or downloaded from a Third Party App Store:
- You acknowledge and agree that (i) the Terms are concluded between you and TheEventWork only, and not the Third Party App Store, and (ii) TheEventWork, not the Third Party App Store, is solely responsible for the App Store Sourced Application and content thereof. Your use of the App Store Sourced Application must comply with the App Store Terms of Service.
- You acknowledge that the Third Party App Store has no obligation whatsoever to furnish any maintenance and support services with respect to the App Store Sourced Application.
- In the event of any failure of the App Store Sourced Application to conform to any applicable warranty, you may notify the Third Party App Store, and the Third Party App Store will refund the purchase price for the App Store Sourced Application to you, and to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, the Third Party App Store will have no other warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to the App Store Sourced Application. As between TheEventWork and the Third Party App Store, any other claims, losses, liabilities, damages, costs or expenses attributable to any failure to conform to any warranty will be the sole responsibility of TheEventWork.
- You and TheEventWork acknowledge that, as between TheEventWork and the Third Party App Store, the Third Party App Store is not responsible for addressing any claims you have or any claims of any third party relating to the App Store Sourced Application or your possession and use of the App Store Sourced Application, including, but not limited to: (i) product liability claims; (ii) any claim that the App Store Sourced Application fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; and (iii) claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation.
- You and TheEventWork acknowledge that, in the event of any third-party claim that the App Store Sourced Application or your possession and use of that App Store Sourced Application infringes that third party’s intellectual property rights, as between TheEventWork and the Third Party App Store, TheEventWork, not the Third Party App Store, will be solely responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement and discharge of any such intellectual property infringement claim to the extent required by the Terms.
- You and TheEventWork acknowledge and agree that the Third Party App Store, and their subsidiaries, are third-party beneficiaries of the Terms as related to your license of the App Store Sourced Application, and that, upon your acceptance of the terms and conditions of the Terms, the Third Party App Store will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce the Terms as related to your license of the App Store Sourced Application against you as a third-party beneficiary thereof.
- Without limiting any other terms of the Terms, you must comply with all applicable third-party terms of agreement when using the App Store Sourced Application.
Violating the security of our Site, App and Services is prohibited and may result in criminal and civil liability. TheEventWork may investigate incidents involving such violations and may involve, and will cooperate with law, enforcement if a criminal violation is suspected. Security violations include, without limitation, unauthorized access to or use of data or systems including any attempt to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of the Service or to breach security or authentication measures, unauthorized monitoring of data or traffic and interference with service to any user, host, or network.
- Copyright and Intellectual Property Policy
We respect the intellectual property rights of others. We reserve the right to remove any User Content on the Services which allegedly infringe upon another person's copyright, trademark or other intellectual property right, and/or terminate, discontinue, suspend and/or restrict the account or ability to visit and/or use the Services or remove, edit, or disable any User Content on the Services which allegedly infringe upon another person's intellectual property rights. We provide this policy pursuant to Section 512 of the Copyright Revision Act, as enacted through the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA").
A valid complaint under the DMCA must provide the following information in writing:
- An electronic or physical signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
- Identification of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing and where it is located on the Service.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as your address, telephone number, and, email address.
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or law.
- A statement, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information is accurate, and that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on behalf of the owner.
FEDERAL LAW PROVIDES THAT IF YOU KNOWINGLY MISREPRESENT THAT ONLINE MATERIAL IS INFRINGING, YOU MAY BE SUBJECT TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION FOR PERJURY AND CIVIL PENALTIES, INCLUDING MONETARY DAMAGES, COURT COSTS, AND ATTORNEYS' FEES.
The above information must be submitted to TheEventWork at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Freelancer Plus Verification Disclaimer; Release
AS PART OF OUR FREELANCER PLUS SERVICE, THEEVENTWORK ATTEMPTS TO VERIFY THAT THE INFORMATION POSTED TO OUR SERVICE BY A FREELANCER PLUS USER IS ACCURATE AND NOT MISLEADING. WE ALSO ATTEMPT TO VERIFY ANY RECOMMENDATIONS POSTED BY PAST EMPLOYERS OF A FREELANCER PLUS USER. WE MAY SHARE THIS INFORMATION WITH POTENTIAL EMPLOYERS. BECAUSE USER AUTHENTICATION ON THE INTERNET IS DIFFICULT, THEEVENTWORK CANNOT AND DOES NOT CONFIRM THAT EACH USER IS WHO THEY CLAIM TO BE. FURTHERMORE, THEEVENTWORK HAS NO CONTROL OVER THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS, OR TIMELINESS OF THE PROFILES, USER CONTENT SUBMITTED OR REVIEWS AND RECOMMENDATIONS ON THE THEEVENTWORK SERVICES AND MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS, GUARANTEES OR WARRANTY THAT ANY USERS REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THEIR SERVICES, THEIR QUALIFICATIONS, THEIR CREDENTIALS, THEIR BACKGROUND, THEIR IDENTITIES OR THE ABILITY OF USERS TO DELIVER THE USER SERVICES. IT IS THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF EACH PARTY TO EVALUATE THE USER AND THEIR QUALIFICATIONS TO PERFORM THE JOB. YOU RELEASE THEEVENTWORK, OUR AGENTS AND EMPLOYEES FROM ALL CLAIMS, DEMANDS AND DAMAGES, ACTUAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL AND DIRECT AND INDIRECT, OF EVERY KIND AND NATURE, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, SUSPECTED AND UNSUSPECTED, DISCLOSED AND UNDISCLOSED, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE FREELANCER PLUS VERIFICATION PROCESS, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Independent Contractors; No Guarantees or Endorsements
The users of our Services are independent contractors and TheEventWork is not a party to any relationship, dealings or contract between users, including proposals, selection, contracting, and performance of user services. TheEventWork is only a venue that provides a platform on which users can meet independently. Furthermore:
- TheEventWork is not a party to any assignment and does not itself offer to perform any assignment.
- The users are not employees or agents of TheEventWork.
- TheEventWork is not an agent or representative of the user.
- TheEventWork does not, in any way, supervise, direct, or control the user or the user’s work.
- TheEventWork does not set user’s work hours, work schedules or location of work.
- TheEventWork does not intervene in any transaction between the users.
- TheEventWork may identify a user with a title, nevertheless, TheEventWork does not endorse or recommend the services of any particular user and we do not independently guarantee or warranty their representations about their services, their qualifications, their background, their identities, the ability of users to deliver the user services, nor do we validate any reviews. It is the sole responsibility of each party to evaluate the user and their qualifications to perform the Job.
- TheEventWork makes no representations about, and does not guarantee the quality, safety, or legality of the user services.
- TheEventWork does not deduct any amount for withholding, unemployment, Social Security, or other taxes for the user.
- Users are solely responsible for any taxes they are required to pay to any federal, state, or local tax authority.
- Disclaimers; No Warranties
- ALL PRODUCTS AND THE SERVICE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW. THEEVENTWORK AND ITS PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, PARTNERS, AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS, (COLLECTIVELY, THE “THEEVENTWORK PARTIES”) DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, WE MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT (I) THE SERVICES AND PRODUCTS WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, (II) THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, OR (III) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, OR INFORMATION PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU FROM US WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS.
- THE SERVICES CAN INCLUDE TECHNICAL OR OTHER MISTAKES, INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS. FURTHERMORE, THE INFORMATION OR SERVICES ON THIS SITE OR APP MAY BE OUT OF DATE. WE MAY MAKE CHANGES TO THE SERVICES, PRODUCTS AND INFORMATION ON THIS SITE OR APP, INCLUDING THE PRICES AND DESCRIPTIONS OF ANY SERVICES OR PRODUCTS LISTED HEREIN AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE, HOWEVER WE HAVE NO OBLIGATION TO DO SO.
- THE THEEVENTWORK PARTIES DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT THE SERVICES OR THE SERVERS THAT MAKE THE SERVICE AVAILABLE WILL BE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, OR THAT ANY PRODUCT DESCRIPTIONS OR OTHER CONTENT OFFERED AS PART OF THE SERVICES, ARE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, CURRENT OR COMPLETE.
- YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. IF YOU DOWNLOAD ANY CONTENT FROM THE SERVICE, YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK. YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY CONTENT THROUGH THE SERVICE.
- WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO RESTRICT OR TERMINATE YOUR ACCESS TO THE SERVICE OR ANY FEATURE OR PART THEREOF AT ANY TIME.
- SOME STATES OR OTHER JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME PARTS OF THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- Limitation of Liability
- IN NO EVENT SHALL WE BE RESPONSIBLE TO, OR LIABLE TO, YOU, OR ANY THIRD PARTY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES THAT INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR ANY LOSS OF PROFIT, REVENUE OR BUSINESS, AS A DIRECT OR INDIRECT RESULT OF: (I) YOUR ACCESS AND USE OF OUR SERVICES; (II) YOUR BREACH OR VIOLATION OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT; (III) YOUR DELAY IN ACCESSING OR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE OUR SERVICES FOR ANY REASON; (IV) YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY OF OUR CONTENT OR THE COLLECTIVE WORK FOR YOUR USE; OR (V) YOUR RELIANCE UPON OR USE OF OUR CONTENT OR THE COLLECTIVE WORK, WHETHER RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, FROM BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORTIOUS BEHAVIOR, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF WE AND/OR OUR SUPPLIERS HAD BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGES.
- THIS LIMITATION SHALL ALSO APPLY WITH RESPECT TO DAMAGES INCURRED BY REASON OF OTHER SERVICES OR GOODS RECEIVED THROUGH OR ADVERTISED IN THE SERVICES OR RECEIVED THROUGH ANY LINKS PROVIDED IN THE SERVICES.
- WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL WE BE HELD LIABLE FOR ANY DELAY OR FAILURE IN PERFORMANCE RESULTING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM ACTS OF NATURE, FORCES, OR CAUSES BEYOND THEIR REASONABLE CONTROL, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, INTERNET FAILURES, COMPUTER EQUIPMENT FAILURES, TELECOMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT FAILURES, OTHER EQUIPMENT FAILURES, ELECTRICAL POWER FAILURES, STRIKES, LABOR DISPUTES, RIOTS, INSURRECTIONS, CIVIL DISTURBANCES, SHORTAGES OF LABOR OR MATERIALS, FIRES, FLOODS, STORMS, EXPLOSIONS, ACTS OF GOD, WAR, GOVERNMENTAL ACTIONS, ORDERS OF DOMESTIC OR FOREIGN COURTS OR TRIBUNALS OR NON-PERFORMANCE OF THIRD PARTIES.
- OUR LIABILITY AND THE LIABILITY OF OUR AFFILIATES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, REPRESENTATIVES, AND AGENTS ARISING OUT OF THIS AGREEMENT SHALL NOT EXCEED THE AMOUNTS ACTUALLY PAID BY USER FOR ITS CURRENT ACTIVE SUBSCRIPTION PLAN.
- YOU AND WE AGREE THAT ANY CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO OUR SERVICES MUST COMMENCE WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES. OTHERWISE, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION IS PERMANENTLY BARRED.
- CERTAIN STATE OR JURISDICTIONAL LAWS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- Interaction With Others
- You are solely responsible for determining the identity, suitability and for your interactions with the people you choose to engage with through the service. You understand that we currently do not conduct any background checks including, but not limited to, criminal, financial, sex offender or any other background checks or screenings. We make no representations or warranties as to the conduct of the people you choose to interact with. While not obligated to do so, TheEventWork reserves the right at its sole discretion to conduct any criminal or other background check or screenings at any time and using available public records.
- You assume all risk when using the services, including, without limitation, all risks associated with any online or offline personal interactions with others.
- In no event shall TheEventWork, its employees, consultants, executive or officers be liable (directly or indirectly) for any losses or damages whatsoever, whether direct, indirect, general, special, compensatory, consequential, and/or incidental, arising out of or relating to the conduct of a user or anyone else in connection with the use of the service including, without limitation, theft, bodily injury, emotional distress, death and/or any other damages resulting from communications with, contact with or personal interaction with other users.
- You agree that you will be personally responsible for your use of the Service and you agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless TheEventWork and its officers, directors, employees, consultants, affiliates, subsidiaries and agents from and against any and all claims, liabilities, damages, losses and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ and accounting fees and costs, arising out of or in any way connected with (i) your access to, use of or alleged use of the Service; (ii) your violation of these Terms of Service or any representation, warranty, or agreements referenced herein, or any applicable law or regulation; (iii) your infringement upon the property rights, intellectual property rights (copyrights and trademarks) or other rights of others; (iv) your violation of any third party right, including without limitation publicity, confidentiality, or privacy right; (v) any death, or serious physical or serious emotional harm, to you or any third party resulting from your use of the Services, or (vi) any disputes or issues between you and any third party.
- We reserve the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, and in such case, you agree to cooperate with our defense of such claim.
- By using the Services, you release, to the maximum extent allowed by law, TheEventWork, its officers, directors, employees, affiliates, and agents from claims, demands and damages of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with your use of the Services, and any interaction with other users through the Services, including without limitation, any death or serious emotional or serious physical harm.
- If you are a California resident, you waive California Civil Code §1542, which says: “A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor.”
- Our Remedies
- You acknowledge that we may be irreparably damaged if this Agreement is not specifically enforced, and damages at law would be an inadequate remedy. Therefore, in the event of a breach or threatened breach of any provision of this Agreement by you, we shall be entitled, in addition to all rights and remedies, to an injunction restraining such breach or threatened breach, without being required to show any actual damage or to post an injunction bond, and/or to a decree for specific performance of the provisions of this Agreement.
- For purposes of this Section, you agree that any action or proceeding with regard to such injunction restraining such breach or threatened breach shall be brought in the courts of record of the State of California, or a United States District Court for the State of California, in the County of the company's principal office. You consent to the jurisdiction of such court and waive any objection to the venue of any such action or proceeding in such court.
- Dispute Resolution
THIS AGREEMENT CONTAINS AN AGREEMENT TO ARBITRATE, WHICH WILL, WITH LIMITED EXCEPTION, REQUIRE YOU TO SUBMIT CLAIMS YOU HAVE AGAINST US TO BINDING AND FINAL ARBITRATION. THIS AGREEMENT ALSO CONTAINS AN AGREEMENT THAT YOU WILL ONLY BE PERMITTED TO PURSUE CLAIMS AGAINST US ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS, NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION OR PROCEEDING. PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS CAREFULLY BEFORE ACCESSING OR USING ANY OF THE SERVICE. EACH TIME YOU ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICE, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE MANDATORY ARBITRATION PROVISION AND THE CLASS ACTION WAIVER YOU MAY NOT ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICE.
For any dispute you have with TheEventWork, you agree to first contact us at email@example.com and attempt to resolve the dispute with us informally. If TheEventWork has not been able to resolve the dispute with you informally, we each agree to resolve any claim, dispute, or controversy as follows:
- You and we agree that any claim or dispute at law or equity between us relating in any way to or arising out of this or previous versions of this Agreement, your use of or access to the Services will be resolved in accordance with the provisions set forth in this Legal Disputes section. Please read this section carefully. It affects your rights and will have a substantial impact on how claims you and we have against each other are resolved.
- Applicable Law. You agree that the laws of the State of California, without regard to principles of conflict of laws, will govern this Agreement and any claim or dispute that has arisen or may arise between you and us, except as otherwise stated in this Agreement.
- Agreement to Arbitrate. You and we each agree that any and all disputes or claims between you and us relating in any way to or arising out of this or previous versions of this Agreement, your use of or access to our Services, or any products or services delivered, sold, offered, or purchased through our Services shall be resolved exclusively through final and binding arbitration, rather than in court, except that you may assert claims in small claims court, if your claims qualify.
- Prohibition of Class and Representative Actions and Non-Individualized Relief. YOU AND WE AGREE THAT EACH OF US MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION OR PROCEEDING. UNLESS BOTH YOU AND WE AGREE OTHERWISE, THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE OR JOIN MORE THAN ONE PERSON'S OR PARTY'S CLAIMS, AND MAY NOT OTHERWISE PRESIDE OVER ANY FORM OF A CONSOLIDATED, REPRESENTATIVE, OR CLASS PROCEEDING. ALSO, THE ARBITRATOR MAY AWARD RELIEF (INCLUDING MONETARY, INJUNCTIVE, AND DECLARATORY RELIEF) ONLY IN FAVOR OF THE INDIVIDUAL PARTY SEEKING RELIEF AND ONLY TO THE EXTENT NECESSARY TO PROVIDE RELIEF NECESSITATED BY THAT PARTY'S INDIVIDUAL CLAIM(S). ANY RELIEF AWARDED CANNOT AFFECT OUR OTHER USERS.
- Arbitration Procedures. Arbitration is more informal than a lawsuit in court. There is no judge or jury in arbitration, and court review of an arbitration award is very limited. However, an arbitrator can award the same damages and relief on an individual basis that a court can award to an individual. An arbitrator should apply the terms of this Agreement as a court would. The arbitrator, and not any federal, state, or local court or executive, shall have exclusive authority to resolve any dispute arising out of or relating to the interpretation, applicability, enforceability or formation of this Agreement to Arbitrate, any part of it, or of this Agreement including, but not limited to, any claim that all or any part of the Agreement to Arbitrate or this Agreement is void or voidable. The arbitration will be conducted by the American Arbitration Association ("AAA") under its rules and procedures, including the AAA's Supplementary Procedures for Consumer-Related Disputes (as applicable), as modified by this Agreement to Arbitrate. The arbitrator will decide the substance of all claims in accordance with the laws of the State of California, including recognized principles of equity, and will honor all claims of privilege recognized by law. The arbitrator shall not be bound by rulings in prior arbitrations involving our other users, but is bound by rulings in prior arbitrations involving the same user to the extent required by applicable law. The arbitrator's award shall be final and binding and judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof.
- Judicial Forum for Legal Disputes. Unless you and we agree otherwise, in the event that the Agreement to Arbitrate above is found not to apply to you or to a particular claim or dispute as a result of a decision by the arbitrator or a court order, you agree that any claim or dispute that has arisen or may arise between you and us must be resolved exclusively by a state or federal court located in the State of California, in the County of the company's principal office. You and we agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts located within California for the purpose of litigating all such claims or disputes. You also agree that: (i) our Services shall be deemed solely based in the State of California; and (ii) our Services shall be deemed passive Services that do not give rise to personal jurisdiction over us and our assigns, either specific or general, in jurisdictions other than the State of California.
- Law Enforcement
- TheEventWork is committed to cooperating with law enforcement while respecting each individual’s right to privacy. If TheEventWork receives a request for user account information from a government executive investigating criminal activity, we will review the request to be certain that it satisfies all legal requirements before releasing information to the requesting executive.
- Furthermore, under 18 U.S.C. §§ 2702(b)(8) and 2702(c)(4) (Voluntary Disclosure Of Customer Communications or Records), TheEventWork may disclose user account information to law enforcement, without a subpoena, court order, or search warrant, in response to a valid emergency when we believe that doing so is necessary to prevent death or serious physical harm to someone. TheEventWork will not release more information than it prudently believes is necessary to prevent harm in an emergency situation.
- Amendments to this Agreement
We reserve the right to update, amend and/or change this Agreement at any time in our sole discretion and without notice. Updates to this Agreement will be posted here. Amendments will take effect immediately upon us posting the updated Agreement on our Services. You are encouraged to revisit this Agreement from time to time in order to review any changes that have been made. The date on which this Agreement was last updated will be noted immediately below this Agreement. Your continued access and use of our Services following the posting of any such changes shall automatically be deemed your acceptance of all changes.
If any portion of this Agreement is deemed unlawful, void or unenforceable by any arbitrator or court of competent jurisdiction, this Agreement as a whole shall not be deemed unlawful, void or unenforceable, but only that portion of this Agreement that is unlawful, void or unenforceable shall be stricken from this Agreement.
- No Waiver
Our failure to enforce any right or provision in these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision unless acknowledged and agreed to by us in writing.
All covenants, agreements, representations and warranties made in this Agreement, as may be amended by us, from time to time, shall survive your acceptance of this Agreement and the termination of this Agreement.
- Statutory Rights; Notice To California Residents
If you are a California resident, under California Civil Code Section 1789.3, you may contact the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs in writing, currently at: 1625 N. Market Blvd., Suite S-202, Sacramento, California 95834, or by telephone, currently at (800) 952-5210 in order to resolve a complaint regarding our Site or to receive further information regarding use of our Site.
- Entire Understanding
If you have questions, comments, concerns or feedback regarding this Agreement or our Services, please contact us at